Friday, May 22, 2009

The Start of Summer

It's finally summer! It was a long and challenging year at Rockhurst, but now I get to just kick back and relax...sort of.


Summer has already been kind of crazy. I started a new job at Dairy Queen. I'm working with one of my best friends (Jenny) so it's a lot of fun, but making the perfect twist on top of the cones and sundaes is so much more difficult than you'd think. Oh well, I'll get it. I'm also on the core team with my youth group so I've been helping plan meetings and trying to keep the kids in line. Not easy, but worth it. Finally, there have been so many graduation parties! They're so much fun, but they're also a sign of some strange and rather difficult changes. It's sad to be losing my senior friends from school, Rockhurst just won't be the same without them. It's really odd to see my neice and cousins hit these landmarks, as well. It doesn't seem possible that everyone has grown up so much so quickly.


Taylor, my oldest neice, is starting high school in the fall

A few of my cousins and me

This weekend two of my good friends from Rockhurst, Chris and David, came in town. I've kind of missed them, even though we've only been out of school for a couple of weeks, so it has been fantastic hanging out with them. We haven't really done much, just stayed up talking and eating pizza, but simple times like that are usually some of the best and most memorable.
(Me, Chris, and David in the back)
That's all for now, but I'll update soon!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Sarah you are so cool. I wish I could be like you...it would be like...HEAVEN!

    Sincerely

    Chris Tran

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is brilliant! And thanks so much for the shout out, I am honored.

    Sincerely,
    David Skelton

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very heart-warming

    Sincerely
    Christopher Tran (the real one)

    ReplyDelete