Saturday, October 3, 2009

An Incredible Weekend

Last weekend was a big one for Rockhurst...as least as far as my friends and I are concerned. Friday night was the ADG's annual Toga party and Saturday was Homecoming. We love to dance, maybe that's a part of the reason our friendships work, we all have the same love of dressing up and cutting loose on the floor. Most of us anyway...Annie is sort of an oddball. We had all been talking about these two days for weeks! Not exaggerating. The boys, of course, we're all consumed with Toga (since it is their fraternity), and the girls, well, we're girls.

At the beginning of the week I got a text that only made my excitement for the weekend and the weekend itself all the more incredible...Jenny was coming to visit!!! I can't begin to explain how excited I was. It's unfathomably difficult for us to be apart. We know that we're where we need to be at this point in our lives, but still, we just want that place to be the same.

So Jenny came in on Friday evening and we all scrambled to get ready for Toga in time. It was a fantastic night. The boys threw a great party and did pretty well with the dance (considering the new choreographers).


Saturday afternoon Jenny and I sat on our porch swing for a couple of hours just talking. It was lovely. I miss sitting with Jenny (and Emily) talking about everything and nothing. Then we walked to Go Chicken Go for lunch. It was our first experience and well worth it!

Then came the mad rush to get ready for Homecoming! It really wasn't that mad, and I, for a change, was ready early! Which is good because when we got to the buses I realized I had left our tickets at home and had to run for it. ResLife took us out for a DELICIOUS dinner with a gorgeous dessert, and I won an iPod Touch!!! It was a wonderful start to the night. The dance itself was a blast and afterwards a bunch of us made a Sonic run for limeades. We just hung out at my house for a while and eventually Casablanca was put in.




It was just another crazy, incredible weekend at the Rock

Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment