Friday, October 30, 2009

Servant

Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve You as You deserve;
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do Your will.

~St. Ignatius' Prayer for Generosity

I recently found out that I'll be going to New Orleans for a service immersion trip over Christmas break...I'm SO EXCITED! I've wanted to go on one of the service trips here since freshmen year, but just haven't been able to. This year, though, it's finally the right time. I was actually really nervous after the interview, and my letter took forever to get here since I live in a house and not in a dorm so I was freaking out when everyone else got their's. But it finally came and I got the trip I wanted so badly.

I love doing service. I love working with people and helping people...I just cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment