Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Spending Time Out in the Country

Gabe and I spent part of the 4th of July weekend here in St. Louis, part in Fulton, and then the rest in Kansas City. It was a really awesome few days. We went to a pool party at a family friends' house so Gabe got to meet a lot of people who have been a part of my life since the 1st grade. On the fourth we headed out to his place outside of Fulton.
I really love being out in the country. Everything is so peaceful. Life is simple. There's quiet. Everything seems to move at a slower pace. It's easier just to find God in everything around you. At night we set off fireworks in the yard...something you can't really do in the suburbs. Gabe lives on top of a slight hill so we could see fireworks from Fulton, Columbia, and all the neighbors. They said it wasn't as impressive as it has been in the past...people being economical or some nonsense...but I was still quite impressed. The next day we went to Gabe's friend's house for a pool party and bbq. I love swimming, there's just something about chlorine:)

Anyway...after the party we took off for KCMO. Good ol' Rockhurst. Gabe was taking a couple of classes this summer, as was I, so we both had some homework to get done. We headed on on his birthday, July 7th, but as a present I took him out to Cheesecake Factory the night before for some wine and dessert. Goodness it was delicious! And extremely filling. It was a lot of fun though. Then we returned to the site of our first date...sweet I know:)

It was over all a pretty solid holiday weekend filled with relaxation, fun, and family (as if everything is filled with family for me).





No comments:

Post a Comment