Monday, July 19, 2010

Steubie

Steubenville Youth Conference...looked forward to all year by youth groups everywhere. This year was a different experience for me. I felt heavier then in the past. I don't want to say burdened, that doesn't fit at all. But my heart was heavy. Heavy with worry, disappointment, and sadness. I was worried about my spiritual life, the draught I'd felt for quite some time. Worried that I wouldn't be the leader and model I was expected (perhaps mostly by myself) to be. Disappointed in myself for slipping like that. Sad and concerned that I felt as if God wasn't with me. My soul felt alone. It sounds like I was burdened doesn't it, oh well. It's not as if everything was bad. I was surrounded by people I loved and who loved me. I was doing things and working in ways I knew would help me find my path in life. In a lot of ways, my life fell into place. I could see further down my path then ever before. I had so many moments of happiness, fun, and love, but my soul was still alone. I lacked joy.

That's the beauty of Steubie:) Spending that time with young, energetic people, desiring knowledge of God, their faith, and the Church is revitalizing. My spirituality is different from theirs', but they never fail (well rarely) to remind me of my goal and my desire. A weekend like that forces me to refocus my life.




On the bus with some of the incredible adults who serve as awesome models of faith for me





With one of the teens and a young adult in the midst of the conference


Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment