Monday, October 4, 2010

One Year

As I said in a previous post, so much has changed in just one year. My life has flipped completely on its head. This post, however, is of a much happier nature. God works in such strange ways sometimes, it's impossible to understand...the only thing more impossible to understand is that I sometimes still try to figure it out! Well approximately a year ago, a good friend of mine and I began to grow close in an entirely new way. We'd been friends since freshmen year and it wasn't until junior year that we saw each other in this new light. God knew we weren't ready for what He had in store for us until that point and then He opened our eyes to each other and slowly began to unveil our path. A year ago we went on our first date, and I still make fun of him for it. He took me to Cold Stone for ice cream...using a gift card, he took me to Kelly's in Westport for their $2 Boulevards on Sunday nights, and then we went to stand on a hotel roof for an hour and a half. He's so cheap, right! though he claims he's only frugal:) And it was the best date I could have imagined. Ice cream and Boulevard Wheat, two of my favorite things to consume:) and then a long conversation about faith and spirituality, goals and plans, relationships and so much more looking at the lights downtown. It was only two months and a hand full of days after that that I knew for sure how I felt about him and where I wanted the relationship to ultimately go. And so now here we are, only a year later and I can't remember what it felt like to be without him. We've had plenty of obstacles and will continue to be faced with uphill battles, but i trust him with my heart, and more importantly, I trust God with my heart, and I know neither of them will lead me astray. Thank you, Love.

I pray you all can experience such a wonderful love, whether it's with another person or you simply have to learn to recognize it with God.

Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment