Monday, November 8, 2010

Something New

A good friend of mine (Patiently Waiting) occasionally does these posts, and I always enjoy reading them. They seem like a good way to take a few moments and reflect on what's around me and find God in the little things. It's high time I partake.

DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY Nov. 8, 2010

Outside my window...are bare tree limbs, their colorful, crispy leaves lying on the ground for me to enjoy crunching.

I am thinking...that God could certainly choose less terrifying ways to help us remember how blessed we are...but who am I to question.

I am thankful for...my dad. He's my hero and the best man I've ever known.

From the classrooms...I don't particularly care right now. I don't have class until 2:20 this afternoon and I'm taking a break from homework so whatever is happening over there can't reach me here:)

From the kitchen...there is a gentle humming from the various appliances...can one ever truly find silence?

I am wearing...a thick, pink bathrobe with my hair wrapped in a pink towel.

I am creating...plans.

I am going...on Fall Retreat this weekend with the youth group back home. I'll sadly be missing some things here at Rockhurst but it will be completely worth it when I get to spend the weekend with all of those wonderful teenagers and young adults in prayer and fun.

I am reading...The Latin Mass Explained. I read half of it this summer when I started going to the Latin Mass every once in a while with Gabe. Now that I'm going almost every Sunday here at school, it's about time I finished it

I am hoping...just to be better. A better, kinder person. A better, more loving daughter. A better, more patient friend and girlfriend. A better, more faithful child of God.

I am hearing...the Pride and Prejudice movie/miniseries. Though I'm not actively watching it, I'm so familiar with it, I can tell you precisely where the story is at any point, even if the only sounds are footsteps and music.

Around the house...things are needing cleaning!

One of my favorite things...hot cocoa in giant mugs:)

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm going to wake up every morning and just breathe. I'm going to try to remember to thank God for everything I'll meet in the course of the day, whether good, bad, or indifferent, to remind myself, whether good, bad, or indifferent, every blessing, challenge, and innocent moment is a gift to shape who I am and my faith.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
Act goofy...go on it's great...especially in puiblic.

Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook


Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment