Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Goodness of God's Plan

It can be difficult in times of despair and pain to see and understand God's love. For years I questioned His goodness. I witnessed so many bad things happening to people I loved dearly. Cancer, abuse, divorce, suicide attempts, death. I watched as people I loved were torn apart from the inside out by their circumstances.

And now, again, it's here. The fear, confusion, and numbness of a disease hurting someone I love. But I hold onto my faith in the goodness of God's plan. My dad is the strongest man I know, and I pray every day that he will return to health quickly. But I know that in whatever way God answers my prayers it is in accordance to His will, and what God wills is the greatest good we could ever imagine or hope for.

Love and prayers

1 comment: