Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm Movin' On


It summer time!!! Good bye Rockhurst...I'll return soon.


On the drive home I had a bit of a moment. I put in my cd from my first Retreat on the Rock, freshmen year. How much changed between my first as a retreatant and my second as a leader, oh how terribly much. It's been probably about a year since I'd listened to the cd and I forgot a lot of the songs on it. One of those songs is Rascal Flatts' "I'm Movin' On". I always loved that song, but when I heard it this time, it resonated with me so much more than ever before. There I was driving on Highway 70, crying. How pathetic! I'm sure you've had moments when a song really moved you and spoke to what you're going through. Well, this was just such a moment. A moment of realization, sadness, and yes, moving on. There were so many struggles in so many aspects of my life this year, but now I'm leaving them behind. I still have another year at Rockhurst, but I feel like this summer is a fresh start for me somehow.

I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should but lived like I shouldn't
I had to lose everything to find out
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
I'm movin' on
~Rascal Flatts


Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment