Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family Weekend

My parents came in town this weekend for Family Weekend at Rockhurst. It was nice, we didn't do a lot of the things that we could have signed up for, but we've done it before and it was just nice to see them. We went to 75th Street Brewery for dinner and after ran to Price Chopper, not only to get me some groceries (because my parents are awesome like that), but also to get some beer (because my parents are really awesome like that!). Gabe's whole family was in town so they came over to watch the football game and belatedly celebrate my birthday with us. My mom made a s'more cake, which was absolutely delicious, and we had chips and salsa, ice cream and cake, peanuts and m&ms, and, of course, beer. It was a fun night, we talked about sports (by we, I mean mainly the men) and politics, ya know, the fun stuff. It was really enjoyable. There were even fireworks!


Sunday morning, we did go to the brunch. And that turned out to be totally worth it because I won the raffle for the $1000 scholarship! I mean, I was the 6th name called, but hey, not my fault none of them were there:) It was amazing how few people realized that raffle existed.

Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment