Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

I know this was almost a week ago, but oh well...

Father's Day Weekend started out with nothing less than a wedding! I love weddings...getting all dolled up, dancing and laughing all day and night with your family, and, really, it's just such a beautiful, wonderful event. Weddings are such an incredible example of what this life is about. As humans we long to love and be loved, and then share that love with our family, friends, and, most importantly, with God.

Chris came in town to be my date for the event...and of course he was a fantastic one. He seems to have become very fond of my family, which tends to happen once you get past the intial crazy. I had such a wonderful time with him, my siblings, all my cousins, and everyone else. We laughed and danced and sang...and other such things that large Irish families do. My cousin, Melanie, the bride, was absolutely gorgeous, and the groom, Jeff, just glowed. I love watching the groom as the bride walks down the aisle. Jeff's face was completely alight from something deep inside, I could almost see his love for my cousin pouring out of him. It was a postively beautiful moment, and I thank God that, not only my cousin was blessed to have it, but that I was lucky enough to witness it.
Chris and I dancing

The day after this wonderful occurance was Father's Day, and what a day it was! Chris and I went to Laumeier Sculpture Park in the morning, but it was so terribly hot that we didn't stay for too long. We went to noon mass and then I took him down to Wash U to meet up with his sister to go home. My family gathered at an aunt and uncle's house in the afternoon to celebrate Father's Day. I can't go into detail about the happenings, but it definitely turned into one of our better parties. :)) Everyone had a great time, and I think it was a definite bonding experience for everyone involved.


Family is a blessing, appreciate and cherish it.

Love and prayers

1 comment:

  1. This may be my favorite blog. There is just something about it. I just can't pinpoint what IT is :)

    ReplyDelete