Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Women's Night 1

This past Sunday night was the first Women's Night for the youth group. I'm not sure how to begin talking about this...

Melissa and I were SO excited about it. I don't show excitement well, but I definintely felt the way that Melissa was acting. She just bubbled over with joy at what we were doing and our plans for these young women. Melissa has such an incredible gift when it comes to speaking about her faith and vocalizing her thoughts. I believe that God will touch the hearts of our teens through her and her words.


Melissa led the night. She spoke about how young girls are filled with such vast dreams, dreams that God intends for all women to have, how young women seem to have lost these dreams along their journeys, becoming broken beings of the world, and begged the question, what happens in between? Melissa spoke for awhile, the girls were given time for a self-examination, and we all discussed our thoughts. The teens also told us what they're looking for from our weekly women's nights, what issues they face and/or want talked about. At the end we just sat and talked for awhile. I turned on some music and we pretty much finished off all our snacks as we spoke. Once the teens were gone, Melissa and I discussed the night and started planning our future sessions. It ended with us, Pete, and two of the teens hanging out on the playground eating ice cream for a good long while.


Overall, it was an incredibly successful night. The teens seem to really be looking forward to next Sunday night, and I think they'll really get a lot out of it.

Melissa and I watching the ridiculousness of the others

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 8: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment