Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Sigh

Sighs have recently taken on an entirely new meaning for me. I mentioned in my last post (which I realize was just yesterday) the Nooma video series. Well, one of the videos from this series that I've seen is entitled Breathe. I won't go into too much detail, but basically the guy talks about how some believe, because the Hebrew letters for God's name, YHWH, when said, are like breath sounds, that the sound of a breath is like saying the name of God.

A sigh is a very audible exhalation of breath, and since I saw Breathe I've become acutely aware of people sighing. It's like each one is a brief and unknowing prayer. In the midst of an arguement, disagreement, or something of the like, a sigh can be a quick prayer for patience. During a moment of contentment, a sigh is like a prayer of thanksgiving for the calm, for the inner peace. It's incredible. The sigh has completely morphed in my ears. It's like a song I've heard a million times before, but have never really listened to. I'm now picking up on the subtleties of the melody and the meaning behind the words.

Love and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment