Thursday, June 18, 2009

Work Work Work

So far this summer my only relief from work has been the youth group. This week, however, a number of the teens, Pete, and Melissa are away on Project Life, a service retreat. I'm really excited for them, but I'm also very sad that I'm not there with them. It sounds like a such an incredible experience. Unfortunately, with all of them gone, most of our weekly events aren't happening, and all I've been doing is working. I'm still at Dairy Queen, and it's been wonderful. I normally end up covered in ice cream and strawberry topping, my back hurts whenever I do dishes, and when it gets busy I still worry about getting everything done properly. It's fun though. Working with Jenny is always the best, but all of the girls there are wonderful. Plus, it's almost never boring. My second job just started on Tuesday night too. This is my fifth summer working at the Muny Theatre. I had had no intention of returning this summer because honestly, I don't particularly like working there, but I can really use the extra money. My oldest niece, Taylor, plays in an orchastra that's been invited to perform at Carnegie Hall in the spring. I'm so proud of her, and I really want to go see her play. I need the second job so I can afford the plane ticket. I just keep telling myself that when I'm sitting there listening to her play it'll all be worth it. Anyway, this week has been pretty exhausting, I've been working everyday at at least one of my jobs. Hopefully things will settle down after this week, but I have a feeling once things start up with the youth group again, it'll just get crazier.

I have had a few fun times this past week and a half. I've gone shopping a couple of times. The first time with Jenny, we went shoe shopping. It was wonderful, I got three pairs of heels, gold, silver, and green. They're all gorgeous and I can't wait to wear them. The second time with my mom. I got some new tennis shoes and a pair of jeans. My two favorite things to buy! I also got to hang out with one of my best friends from Rockhurst, Molly. She came over and we just sat on the couch and talked for a good long time. She and my mom sort of ganged up on me at one point, which I didn't appreciate, but it was the first chance we've had to really catch up this summer so it was still great. I've missed all of the ridiculous moments we have on a daily basis at school. I saw her last night for a few minutes as well, along with her boyfriend, Kyle, who is another good friend. I was working an early night at the Muny and they were there for the show so I was able to talk to them at intermission before I left. It was great to see them, but unfortunately since I was still in my uniform I couldn't give them hugs...and I really like hugs.


Molly and me

My fortune, and maybe your's too

"Strange new experiences will add to your joy of living"

1 comment:

  1. "Strange new experiences will add to your joy of living"

    ... like being friends with me. I love you for putting up a decent picture of us; goodness knows there are plenty of unattractive ones.

    ReplyDelete