Thursday, July 30, 2009

Garage Sale Day!!! Buying for the House...I Swear

So today isn't actually Garage Sale Day I realize, but I've been garage saling twice this past week and I just felt like talking about the wonderful experiences for a moment. The first time it was just Melissa and me. Bad idea. Melissa will be living in an apartment this year and I'll be living in a house (OCH Northside!!!) so we were both just looking for "things." You know, just to start preparing for life. And we were being horrible influences on each other, encouraging each other to buy things we really don't need at all, but it was such fun. I think we both walked away with some pretty solid purchases. The second time wasn't nearly as fruitful, but still great fun. Pete, Sarah, Nikki, and I walked to one not far from Church, and I found a Johnny Cash record (yay!). Pete inspected a madonlin while we made funny of him (just a little bit) and then laughed at some of the ridiculous things in that garage. In the afternoon, Pete and I drove around looking for more, but it was so late we only actually found one. It wasn't a bad one, though. I got a game and some sweet lights...and a shelving thing FO' FREE! The guy just wanted to get rid of everthing. We also stopped for some "Local Honey", and let me just say, de-licious.

I really enjoy garage sale shopping. You never know what sort of treasures you'll find. Things that are worth next to nothing to the seller are practically priceless to the buyer...not necessarily priceless, but you know what I mean. You also get to see all kinds of different people and hear so many wonderful stories that go along with certain objects. It's all so fascinating.

Anyway, the other reason for this post...

I am SO excited about the house. I'm living with one of my best friends, another good friend, and a complete stranger...which could be weird but it could also work out beautifully. The house itself is great, too, pretty spacious and in good shape. I really feel like this is just another step in my progression and growth in life, another step towards independece and the future.

We'll have a washer and dryer so I don't have to keep quarters around at all times. We'll have a dishwasher so, I mean, yay. And I'll have a kitchen so I can bake and cook to my heart's content. Did I mention that I'm excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment